May 23, 2023

A project in continuum with The Fall


I have so much to say about this record that I don’t even know where to begin.

Made by members of The Fall who, over the years, Mark E. Smith fired or who quite due to his erratic and abusive behavior. Made by many of the musical architects of the classic Fall sound. And now that Mark E. Smith is gone they come together and make a record in continuum with the work of The Fall that’s almost as good as any Fall record and, for this reason, in some ways all that much better.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Living well is the best revenge.

How to take past resentments and turn them into gold. How to have a final, unexpected fourth act that turns everything on its head.

For some reason listening to this record gives me some small hope for my artistic future. (Even though I’m probably Mark E. Smith in this story, so the hope comes after I die.)

https://houseofall.bandcamp.com/album/house-of-all



.

1 comment:

João Soares said...

Oh, good news! Love The Fall!!
Jacob Wren warm welcome to my environmental blog. You can see my music preferences in tag "Musica do BioTerra"
Greetings from Portugal