November 22, 2022

This curse of always feeling I should be doing something new...

.



This curse of always feeling I should be doing something new.


Instead of trying to do something new, why not do something old and just do it really well.


Then again: what is new, what is old?


When I was young I didn’t suspect, but now it seems increasingly clear: the idea that there’s something “new” is little more than a colonial construct. There was nothing there before so I make a “discovery.”


There was always something before. Everything comes from somewhere.


But, nonetheless, I want something, something that gives me this misguided feeling of escape.


I question it completely. Yet the questioning doesn’t replace the desire.


There might be nothing new, but there are certainly things that are new to me. And those things have their own specific histories, whether I know it or not.


Histories one can certainly learn. And pay tribute to. And question.


Reinventing the reinvention of the wheel.




.

No comments: