November 17, 2023

I Need Music by Anaïs Duplan

.


Perhaps now would be a good time for everyone to read Anaïs Duplan's exceptional book I Need Music:

"When I first come into contact with an image, I say,
what is an image? I begin to believe paradoxically one failed picture
is the total picture. I can tell there’s an art to staying
either inside or outside the lines."
– Anaïs Duplan, I Need Music

Order it here.

As you might already know, Anaïs Duplan has been removed from the exhibition "We is Future" by the Museum Folkwang:

Anaïs Duplan's Instagram Post

Article in The Art Insider




“While I do, of course, feel a sense of accomplishment, growth, belonging, great
fortune, ‘n’ vitality, I also feel a deep ‘n’ abiding sadness.
I try to make space for this sadness here, by I feel there’s a sense to it.
I feel it’s talking to me ‘n’ I need to listen.
I’d rather not.”
– Anaïs Duplan, I Need Music


1 comment:

Campeon said...

I appreciate the positive impact your blog has had on my mindset and perspective.