March 3, 2024

Possible opening (updated)...

.



Possible opening for a new book:

“Things are going badly. But not everything can go badly, or at least not all the time. On the other hand, no matter how bad things are, they can always get worse. For my entire life, for as long as I can remember, I have felt the world as a catastrophe. Perhaps all that's changed is that, in our current moment, considerably more people agree. The things that were once (somewhat) hidden, we’re no longer bothering to hide. When I was young, all of official culture seemed to enthusiastically endorse capitalism. Now the enthusiasm behind such endorsements feels weak at best. Increasing numbers of people can feel we’re reaching the end of something and, if anything comes next, it doesn’t look good. Or, at least, that’s how matters currently feel to me. But I’ve been wrong before.”



.

No comments: