Really special books, a pleasure to read them back to back.
I found the ecological thorough-line in both books really beautiful. Soil, earth, pesticides & mixing regenerative farming w/ bombing, capitalistic greed & rebuilding. The books have a hyper-current environmentalist edge that is truly authentic and not preachy/whack, a rare achievement I wish I saw more in Canadian literature.
Hope to chat books one day, Jacob. Thanks for writing.
Jacob Wren makes literature, collaborative performances and exhibitions. His books include Polyamorous Love Song, Rich and Poor, Dry Your Tears to Perfect Your Aim and Desire Without Expectation. As artistic director of the interdisciplinary group PME-ART he has co-created performances such as: En français comme en anglais, it's easy to criticize, Individualism Was A Mistake, The DJ Who Gave Too Much Information, and Adventures can be found anywhere, même dans la répétition. He is co-founder of the orchestra The Air Contains Honey whose first album The Air Contains Honey Sings Quotes is out from Quindi Records in Florence, Italy. His internet presence is often defined by a fondness for quotations.
1 comment:
Really special books, a pleasure to read them back to back.
I found the ecological thorough-line in both books really beautiful. Soil, earth, pesticides & mixing regenerative farming w/ bombing, capitalistic greed & rebuilding. The books have a hyper-current environmentalist edge that is truly authentic and not preachy/whack, a rare achievement I wish I saw more in Canadian literature.
Hope to chat books one day, Jacob. Thanks for writing.
Post a Comment